Authored by Roger D. McConchie: Op-ed Articles in the Media
Representative Op-Ed Articles Published in Print Media Concerning Preferred Areas of Practice Subjects.
- July 6, 1993 The Vancouver Sun, Opinion, “Bill 33 is a government gag order – Human Rights Amendment.“
- July 18, 1993 The Province, Insight, “Yes or No, Two Legal Observers Square Off Over Whether The Publication Ban in The Karla Teale Trial is A Help Or Hindrance In The Pursuit Of Justice.“
- September 26, 1993, , The Province, Insight, “Mother of all Muzzles, Here’s how a Vancouver stock promoter tried to gag press coverage of his court case. It nearly worked, says a lawyer who fought the secrecy bid.“
- October 30, 1993, The Vancouver Sun, Opinion, “Constant Scrutiny By Public A Must” (concerning Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- December 14, 1997, The Province, Insight, “Privacy Warranted, Can police bring a TV crew into your home while executing a search warrant? The B.C. Court Of Appeal says no. The ruling is an important safeguard for people’s privacy rights, one expert says.“
- July 24-30, 2001, Business in Vancouver, “Sensationalistic media distorts privacy ruling.“
- May 22, 2004, Edmonton Journal, Insight, “Is TV on Whyte Ave. a good idea? No. TV surveillance of troublemakers might sound comforting, but it’s dangerous in a free society and, besides, it doesn’t work.”